Let's Talk: World Mental Health Day & Maintaining Your Sanity Around Exam Season

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people!

It has been a while since my last post and so much has been going in my life, including exams but my posts will be regular (Sunday, 23:00 CAT) from now on!

Thursday, the 10th of October was World Mental Health Awareness Day and in commemoration of October 10th and last month being Suicide Prevention Month. Here is some words of encouragement from me to you❤️

Life can feel overwhelming and I understand that. Please know that what you feel is normal. 
Learn to take breaks and take time off. Smelling the flowers and breathing in fresh air can make a difference! Take time to notice in which direction the clouds are moving and try to count the stars! Life is not easy and at some point, you will be going through something. If you take time to breathe and observe the beauty around you, it makes going through the storm a little easier. Knowing that in this vast universe, you are a only a speck and that life is a wheel. It eventually will turn and you won't always feel this way forever. 


I am in my last few weeks of college and I cannot actually believe that God has brought me this far. I am almost finished! 19-year-old me would be in shock! Know that time does pass. You will eventually get there. You will make it! Don't forget to appreciate the journey along the way. Yes, you want to graduate, you want all the difficulty to end but where you are is wonderful too! Take it all in, even though it's hard, I believe that you will make it. So, take it one week at a time, one day at a time or even one hour at a time, if that is what you need. 

Studying is not easy. Furthering your studies is hard but you are capable of doing hard things. Remember why you started and why you want this. Knowing that God is backing you up every step of the way. 

Finals are upon us and the countdown has begun! Focus, my friends! The finish line is within reach! 


All my love ❤️
Ruthy

Comments

Popular Posts