Saturday, July 9, 2022

Dear Little Mix

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people!

It had been almost two months since Little Mittle have gone on a hiatus. In recognition of the decade that they have spent together and the last 7 years that I have spent with them, I wanted to say thank you. Since writing is what what I am best at because I am not good with speaking at times, I thought that by expressing my gratitude, it would beautifully conclude the end of a beautiful chapter. As we await what Little Mix has to show us as individuals, cheers!

Dear Little Mix
When I first discovered your music it was through the song, 'Secret Love Song', I was so convinced that it was a duet. It had been on my playlist since 6th/ 7th grade. I then discovered, ' Oops', on the radio and I was also so convinced that it was a duet! I then become curious to know more about 'Little Mix' and so I googled you. I was completely blown away because never had I ever imagined that it was a group of four women whose voices completely complimented one another. I was sucked in and I wanted to get to know you all better so I started at the very beginning.  I watched your journey on the X-factor on YouTube and it was emotional to watch because although I already knew the outcome, I found myself rooting for you. One of things that I admire most in your group is that everyone according to their own strengths is given a chance to sing. Which is something that is now a rarity in girl groups. You all allow one another to shine and there is no 'favorite member', and I love that! 

I was completely sucked in as my admiration for you grew and I absolutely love how your music is empowering. As a young woman coming into my own, your message on and off stage is truly inspirational. Your diversity and representation as a group is something  that I love about you, it is refreshing to see women in the public eye, who are a true definition of beauty, talent, sisterhood and teamwork. All four of you have helped me to love and accept myself. I am forever grateful for the time the you all spent as a quad and I am looking forward to your new era as a trio. 

You have been there for me throughout my entire teenage experience, I practically grew into a young woman listening to your music. 
Little Mix has been a huge part of my life and you were the only artists that I never had phases with, I love all your music and it has had such a positive impact in and on my life. I will definitely miss seeing all three of you together but I know that this break is important for you all and I will continue to support you because your legacy lives on through your documented work.

I wish you all the best on your individual endeavors. I am excited to support and cheer you on as you discover yourselves as individuals.

 I cannot wait to see you all return as a trio again soon!

All my love 💜 
Ruthy 

No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day🇿🇦 + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...