Saturday, July 30, 2022

Let's Talk: Boundaries

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people!

It has been officially 5 months since my college journey began and it already is teaching me so much.

First of I am learning the importance of boundaries, this has been a struggle in my life. Because I am a firm believer of the golden rule and I initially believed that is was wrong to match someone else's energy. Whilst I still believe that it is wrong to stoop low enough to match someone's bad behavior,  I do believe that not being tolerant of disrespect is a must.

 I truly believe that kindness and helpfulness are the basis of society but in reality that's not always how this cruel world works. It is so important to protect your space and your energy. The thing is that some people don't care about anyone other than themselves and they will use you as a stepping stone. They will trample on you to get to their end goal, they will milk and suck you dry. Use your talent, your skill, your energy and your kindness as a weapon against you. 

I know that this sounds all very serious and the truth is that... it is. The thing is that, I used to assumed that negative, selfish people had a certain look or aura like Mean Girls but thisthe real world and not a teenage drama! These people look normal and that's why setting boundaries are so important. 

I recently have learnt this lesson. God was making me tread the same path, walk around the same mountain until I eventually got it. Until I eventually understood the severity of the situation.

 You matter, I will say that again,  you matter! Giving is such a beautiful thing but it should not come at your expense. When you give, you receive so much, more than what you give, it's a principle of life.  It does not have to be immediate or monetary, it could be joy, peace or blessings. Life's principle is that you will receive more. If you find yourself at a constant low or minus yet you are giving so much, it's time to take a step back. That's where boundaries come into place. It's about respecting and valuing yourself enough to not be someone else's chew toy. That sometimes means standing alone but I believe that it's more than worth it. Rather alone and free,  than surrounded by people whilst feeling lonely, drained and corrupted!

I love you all so dearly and this topic is so dear to me that there will definitely be a part 2 maybe even a part 3๐Ÿ˜!

That's it for this weekend, my loves ❤!
PS Hobi Sunbaenim is performing at Lollapalooza tomorrow and I cannot wait! Let's show him the love, support and strength of ARMY, he deserves it ๐Ÿ’œ!

 Borahae, Ruthy 

No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...