Sunday, September 18, 2022

Let's Talk: My review on the The King's Affection: Part 1

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people!

Wow! I just finished watching a Korean drama called, 'The King's Affection', and I am such a mess! I really love how it ended but at the same time,  I wish that some things had were slightly different. In today's post, I am specifically going to be talking about my favorite character from the drama and what I loved about him! 

My admiration for Lee Hyun is insane because he truly loved Dam-i. His love was pure, wanting nothing in return, other than her well-being. He loved her enough to let her go and when she did not come back, he loved her anyway. 

To be honest he was my favorite male character as he remained consistent throughout the entire drama. He was truly trustworthy and his overall love for Dam-i did not rise and fall like the tide. It was constant, it was real. I just wanted him to find his happily ever after but that can be another drama for another year🤞, hopefully. I just really appreciate that because sometimes we get used to seeing love that's conditional, love that has its moments and don't get me wrong love is not one straight, rosy path but I admire his pure love. I feel that, that was the most underrated love of the entire drama.  His love for Dam-i was not shallow, he protected her regardless because he loved her. Whether she loved him back or not was irrelevant, not that it didn't hurt that his love was not returned but her safety, her well-being mattered more to him than anything. It's one of the reasons why I am so glad that he became king. Out of everyone in line, he was the most worthy, he was the most constant. For me, that's what truly stood out for me in the drama. He was a good man and with good intentions and I wish we saw more love like that❤.

All-in-all, The King's Affection was a brilliant drama, it receives 9/10 from me🤗. I would definitely watch it again. One thing that I am so grateful for is that almost everyone from the main cast survived. One thing about Korean dramas, is that they are not afraid to kill off main characters. I am not sure how I feel about that because I really love the assurance that the main character won't die. I love knowing my favorite/ reoccurring character is a Macgyver or Jodie Foster. That's literally my only complaint about Korean dramas!

PS, the actor's real name is Nam Yoon Soo 💙

Disclaimer: Just to be clear, I am aware of the fact that they are cousins but this was back in a traditional Era. It was normal to marry close relatives, back then. 

 See ya, next week loves! 

All my love 💜 
Ruthy

No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day🇿🇦 + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...