Sunday, September 25, 2022

Let's Talk: Suicide prevention month + the courage to live

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people!

⚠️WARNING ⚠️:  THIS EPISODE MENTIONS SUICIDE, PLEASE LOG OUT IF THIS IS TRIGGERING FOR YOU❤๐Ÿ’œ

September is suicide prevention month and as someone who has struggled immensely with suicidal.thoughts this topic is very close to my heart.

I'm not going to lie and say that I know how you feel because I don't. I am not going to say false truths and say that I understand because I don't but I do empathize. 

The feeling of hopelessness, or like living is like your own personal hell. It feels as though an endless sea of pain and sorrow covers your entire being and the worst part is the you have to pretend and be strong. I know how this all feels and it would be a lie to say that it gets better overnight. I do not know what you are personally going through and how long your journey to healing will take.  

I just want you to know that life is worth loving. Whenever thoughts come to my mind, I remind myself that Jesus loves a sinner like me and He has a beautiful purpose for me. My birth was not an accident my parents coincidental nor my pain purposeless. This gives me strength because it makes me stand up and try on those days where I feel so out of life.  Please try, remember that you were created by a beautiful Creator who never sleeps nor slumbers. 

Do not allow the darkness to win, your very birth was apart of a greater purpose, so I want you to remain strong. I know that it's not easy and life can feel so overwhelming and worthless but you have worth and you are worthy. 

Please cry, scream, take a nap,  take a break from the world but never give up on life. You are yet to experience all the joy that I'd in store for you. You have yet to meet all the people who you will love and will love you in the lifetime. 

Please seek help, help is not for the weak but rather for the strong. For those strong enough to know that they need help and those strong enough to accept it. 

We all go through bumps and pain. These thoughts and feelings may not go away overnight but slow yet surely, you can lower the volume until that voice is silenced. Keep breathing, you'll make it ๐Ÿ’™

All my love ๐Ÿ’œ 
Ruthy

No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...