Saturday, October 29, 2022

Let's Talk: What's happening in Iran ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ท

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people! 
The unrest in Iran has been happening for a while now and I have had no idea  how to help. I have been reposting Instagram stories but it's never been more than that. I have known that this is my problem too as a woman, a daughter, a sibling of two sisters and one brother  and possibly one day a mother but I have been afraid. I was not sure where to touch or how to be an ally without making things worse or potentially spreading false information.  I realized that the way to cure ignorance is with knowledge, here I am.
The protests are simple, they are for the demand of a free republic, where Iran's women can be free, free to be themselves,to be able to express themselves freely and peacefully. This is not to demonize Islam but to demand diversity. 
Please show support by signing the petition below and spreading the word as much as possible. We have no intention of starting a war but we have every intention for freedom to reign. As a human being, a man, a woman, this is everyone's problem. I truly believe in the power of unity. Apartheid was abolished in South Africa due to continental and global support and pressure, I believe that we can do the same here. But please pray, pray as well, God can make a way where there seems to be no way. 
Please let's support our sisters in Iran, now is not the time to turn a blind eye and say, 'it's not my problem'. If we can join hands like this, anything is possible and the darkness cannot win. 


It took me a really long time to pluck up the courage to say something realizing that it's the least that I can do as my life is not in any danger. I truly hope that through this we can build a global community that cares for one another ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ. 

All my love 
Ruthy 

From next week my updates will be regular ๐Ÿ’™

No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...