Monday, March 6, 2023

February reflections

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people! 

February, the month of love has been a lesson filled month for me and I would to share my little nuggets of gold from last month with you all. 

1) Nurture my future self
This is something that I am still working on but I am learning that I have to do things for my future self. Practicing this has helped me immensely because sometimes I don't want to do what I know I have to do. Sometimes I feel like listening to my depression and not doing anything but this can negatively impact my future self. By nurturing myself and standing up for future Ruthy, I can help present Ruthy as well. So, I've learned to think for my future self because by not doing certain things now I am making life difficult for my future self. So, when you are at a crossroads, think about how your decision will affect your future self and if it negatively affects your future then, it's probably a bad decisions to make. 

2) Write your ideas down, you will forget!
I am a creative, so I have many ideas. I get such brilliant ideas at the most random times! I always used to tell myself that I will jot it down at a more convenient time but I never did and then I would forget and get so sad.  As a human beings, I believe that we are all creative that's why it's important to write things down and not to overestimate our ability to recall ideas💡! So, write down your ideas while they are still fresh💚, your future self will thank you!

3) It's okay not to know
Telling myself this has been so comforting. I don't know and that's okay because there is beauty in stillness. I used to feel shame in admitting that I don't know because I was taught that I should say either say yes or no. I was taught that I should have a strong stand point and not play riverbank but choose a side. I saw a quote on Pinterest that really comforted me, it said something along the lines of, "20-something year old me does not have to make decisions for the rest of my life." That was so powerful for me, as there are many things that I am not sure if I want or don't and at this point in my life it's completely okay. I am refusing to succumb to pressure to make decisions when I am unsure. When I do not know what to do, I do not have to do anything. 

4) Feelings are valid but I don't have to do anything about them
February was a month full of feelings for me, girl!!! All kinds of feelings were being caught and I had to catch myself because feelings are valid but nothing has to be done about them. This refers to many different types of feelings, not just romantically. I can feel super low but that does not mean that I have to make a decision in that state. My feelings are important but they do not control me and I do not have to act on them. This has been such a mantra for me and will continue for months, if not years to come. 

This was just a summary of what the month of February taught me! Have an amazing week, my loves❤! I pray that March is a good month to us all🤗

All my love, Ruth 💚

No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day🇿🇦 + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...