Sunday, July 23, 2023

July Updates: Dealing with loss and finding the will to live

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people! 

It's Sunday and what a beautiful day it was!  Friday was a difficult day for me as it was a friend's 21st or rather what would have been her 21st. Reflecting on her beautiful, short life and the incredible confident and friend that she was, it was an emotional weekend. It brings me comfort remembering her and as the years go by whenever I think of her, it gives me the courage to live and to try. She wanted so much and was deserving of it all and whenever I think that I am unworthy of something. I remember that her legacy lives on in me too. 

Your legacy lives on, in the lives that you have touched because people will always remember how you made them feel. So if anyone is feeling like I am or has ever felt the way I do, know that by living on and being strong. You are carrying your loved one's legacy with you. Whether you feel healed enough to openly talk about or it is still a wound sensitive to touch, remembering them is not a crime.

 Don't dwell on the negative things that may have happened between the two of you. It's tempting for me to remember how I could and perhaps should have been a better friend but at this point what good would that do, as I cannot go back and be better?

Cherish the sweet memories, cry out the bad ones and know that you carry your loved one's legacy, should you choose to do so ❤️! 

I pray that we finish the month of July strong in body and in spirit and may the Lord God grant us peace, joy and comfort. For He is a Comforter. Ending off this week and marching off into a new and busy one, instead of a question I'll leave you with a song, one that I have been playing recently. "Comforter" by CeCe Winans, it's been helping me through a lot!

All my love ❤️
Ruthy

No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day🇿🇦 + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...