Monday, July 17, 2023

May Reflections

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people! 

A little late update today but here we are! At the time of this upload, it's July 17th 2023 and school has reopened, so my long winter break is officially over and it's time to to hustle and grind but I couldn't be more grateful ❤️!

I present to you some lessons that I have learnt in the month of May, this year. 

 1) God allows lessons to repeat themselves until you finally understand 
Just how a good teacher will explain the same concept until his students understand and are enriched with knowledge and understanding. So, if deja vu is something that you are familiar with, rather ask what can I learn, how can I grow, instead of why?

2) Be rooted and grounded like a tree, don't be like a candle🕯 in the wind 🍃 
Do not allow yourself to be easily moved by difficult circumstances. Choose a stance and root yourself in your decision. Sometimes indecisiveness can be dangerous because you have not made up your mind to be strong and of good courage. 

3) It's better to walk alone, than to walk with green snakes in the green grass
We all seek company, it's normal, it's human but keeping the rather company is poison and worse than loneliness. Pick your groupies with care!

4) A Frenemy is worse than an enemy 
This lesson was the one that I was the most indenial about. I observe people closely and I don't lie to myself about how I feel about them and I also observe to see how they feel about me. I assumed that I can still work very closely with someone who dislikes me but works very hard to hide it. People who hide their dislike for you are green snakes in the green grass, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike because only those closest to you can do the most damage. Do not try and spend unnecessary time with people who pretend, the truth will always sent you free, free from lies 🤥 and difficult situations. So, please remember that someone who dislikes you openly has more integrity than someone who tries to hide it and disguise themselves as a 'friend' .

5) Oceans of emotions are not forever (even salt water is all that you taste)
As someone who struggles with depression, life can feel so gloomy and difficult. I have learnt that in life there are seasons for everything in life and that my sorrow too shall pass. I have committed myself to living because I trust that my pain and discomfort serves a greater purpose and all I need do is wait. So, wait it out and don't make hasty decisions when your headspace is foggy. Take a nap, write it out, scream, drink camomile or comfrey tea, talk to a trusted person or a professional, pray about your situation and take your struggles to God. Knowing that your ocean of emotion does not define you, it does not make you a bad person and it is more than okay to feel your feelings. 

6) It's okay to mind my business and leave after I have finished ( sometimes on what I shouldn't be waiting on / for can lead to trouble) It's okay to leave the room
I understood this recently but knowing when to leave is important. Having and honing the ability to mind my own business and not be nosy and stay longer in situations and places is so important. It's okay to leave, it's okay not to gossip and to live a quiet life and work with your own hands. I find that the more I focus on my own  business, more of my life prospers and flourishes.

7) Be willing to unlearn
Different people value and like different things. Be willing and able to mold and adjust, as long as it does not compromise your morals. Being flexible and not narrow minded and not so set in your ways can help you to learn new things and grow 🌱.

8) Listen and observe, people tell you where they are at and what they want and need if only we have the ears to hear and the eyes to see. 

Question of week: What helps you to manage your emotions? 

Keep warm, friends! 

All my love 💜
Ruthy 


No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day🇿🇦 + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...