Sunday, September 3, 2023

August Reflections

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people!

The month of August has come to an end and spring has officially sprung! In this warm spring ๐ŸŒƒ evening's post, I'll share what I've learnt during the transitional month of August. 


1) It's okay to feel
The emotions that you feel are valid. Be it joy, sadness, pain, rejection or sorrow. Don't demonize your emotions and label them as bad or label yourself as too much. It is more than okay to feel because when you allow yourself to, you enable yourself to move on. Even though it's a process, it is a crucial first step

2) It's important to be honest with yourself
Honesty is the best policy, sound familiar? (I'll continue this series one day soon!) The truth is not always easy to hear and at times is even more difficult to accept. When you are honest with yourself, you can find a way forward, instead continuing down a path that is wrong for you because you are indenial. This new month gift yourself, the gift of honesty. ๐ŸŒธ

3) Keep going for your future self
August was a difficult month for me, there were a few ups and many downs and in moments like these it can be very difficult to be strong. There are times where I just wish that all the pain would go away or that I could forgo the sadness and get to the good part already. But that isn't real life, you have to go through it, to get truly over it. During times where I find it incredibly difficult to be strong, to be present, I don't! Sounds weird, right? Let me explain, instead of forcing myself to try and see things in the moment, which can be extremely painful to exist in. I think about my future self. I think about the Ruthy, that will have made to the other side. A better, stronger, wiser, kinder woman. I think about all the things that I desire, my own house, my own car, my own room! This to some may seem trival but to me, it can give a hard day purpose, knowing that one day  I will get there. I become strong knowing that my life won't feel so intense forever. 

4) Discipline truly is freedom 
I have heard this saying many times before but it truly took me awhile to fully understand what this means. To me, this means that by disciplining myself to do the things that I may not feel like doing in the present moment, I give my future self more options. By allowing myself that moment of discomfort, I am awarding my future self comfort. When I begun to see discipline in this light, it became easier to discipline myself because I know and understand that this is a form of self-love. It won't always be easy and there will be slip-ups but the courage to keep going and be consistent is what truly counts.๐ŸŒฑ

Some inspiration from Pinterest ❤️!

I pray that September brings you a shower of blessings, remember that the best, your best is yet to come!๐ŸŒธ

All my love 
Ruthy❤️


No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...