Sunday, November 5, 2023

Let's Talk: Exam season, spring, struggles studying and genocide

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people!

It's the first Sunday of the month and we are officially in final exam season!
Image Credit: Pinterest: 
https://pin.it/2X2vy6T

Last month was a month of toil and victory. South Africa winning the rugby world cup, especially a back-to-back win was especially special, considering how sport seem to be the only thing that unifies my country ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. While that may seem like a disadvantage, I am immensely grateful that we do have something that brings us joy and unity, despite all our shortcomings as a nation. Riding on this wave, I pray that South Africa wins the cricket world cup as well as Miss Universe! All this sports have me wondering if I should just finally learn how rugby and cricket work, it's so confusing at the moment, I just find myself happy to be there and be South African ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ❤️๐Ÿคฃ!

We are in the last month of spring and I could be more grateful because spring and I do not get along. But I truly love seeing the Jacaranda trees, bloom in their purple, pink and white. Watching the trees while in a taxi on my way to college brings me so much peace. It also gives me so many ideas, which I pray one day will come into fruition. 

I have struggling to study lately, so I am going to share what helps me when it's not easy to sit and study:

Discipline is a form of self-love  and empathy for my future self. It is not always easy but it is so worth it! This year is so precious to me because I will use these results to apply at university. It's a scary thought as this academic year was very difficult for me, mentally there was and is so much going on. My advice for you is to focus and not listen to the noise, it's hard to do so, I know that first-hand. I also pray,  I know and understand that the results that I attain and the opportunities availed to me, are because of Jesus. There is a certain amount of grace that I have that I do not deserve and can never earn but that's the beauty of salvation. So, for me when it all gets too heavy  I remember that in my humanness, I can only get so far. Yes, I play my part, I wake up and I study and I sacrifice my favourite books and Korean dramas but never do I feel that I can do all this alone. 


For a while, I have just been watching and reposting on Instagram stories. I believe that most of you are aware of what is happening in Palestine ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช and I do not have the words to express my sorrow, especially since Palestine has been a great South African ally, with both countries having undergone suppression, with the former still undergoing great oppression. It bothers me that my country's president is not doing enough, at least not publicly so. So, let's pray; 
Dear Lord Jesus, 
There is great suffering in our world and so much bloodshed from Congo all the way to Palestine, Lord please may Your mercy and Your comfort be with them. Show us how to help and be an instrument of peace and love, as You are, Lord God. 
In Jesus Name, AMEN!

Please keep Palentine and Congo in your prayers and thoughts, I know that it's difficult to think of all these atrocities but please do not turn your humanity off. Because you feel, whether it be empathy, great sorrow or rage, please feel it, don't turn off that feeling and close off your heart ♥ 
Image Credit:
 Pinterest: https://pin.it/2OD9iJh

All my love❤️
Ruthy

No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...