Sunday, December 24, 2023

Before the New Year Begins🩷...

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people!

NB. These numbers are for South Africa, respectively
Photo Credit: instagram.com/levern_jose

The festive time is such a beautiful time but it can also be such a violent and triggering time. With it being Christmas Eve ,we are only about halfway through the holidays, being in an oppressive or violent situation makes time slow. 

My heart goes out to anyone who is experiencing any type of abuse and those whose mental health suffers greatly during the holidays. 

For me the festive season is always bittersweet. Two years ago, I lost my dog on December 8th, due to him being poisoned. The holidays do not always sit well with me because there have some very difficult years during this time and I always find myself unsure of how to approach all this extra time that I have on my hands. 

I, myself struggle so I cannot say that I have made it on the other side or that just having gratitude takes away all the trauma, the pain and hurt. What I do want you to do is feel. Allow yourself to feel whatever you feel, all without demonizing your human experience and emotions.  

Take it slowly, step-by-step, hour by hour, day by day. If you need to call any of the numbers above, please do so! 

2023 was quite a year, allow yourself to process the year that is and was before rushing to plan and push for the year to come.

All my love♥️
Ruthy

No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day🇿🇦 + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...