Sunday, January 28, 2024

January Blues

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people!
A little late Christmas letter that I feel still holds relevance in January, considering all the bills that have to paid at the beginning of a new year and academic season.

I know ( as a marketer and consumer) that Christmas and the holidays surrounding it can be one big splurge or at least a great temptation to do so. Christmas lights, tree decorations, new clothes, lots of food. All of these requiring one thing in common, money!

The pressure can feel overwhelming. With the beginning of the academic year, the needs, lists and responsibilities are endless. 

It's okay to feel and be overwhelmed, it's okay, the beginning of the year is always stressful for me as I try to find my way and rhythm as the year progresses. I allow myself to be and somehow I always find my way in the end! 

Do your best, focus on what's on your plate and what you have the power to change and work on. Remembering that you do indeed have power to change, to improve and progress. Your circumstances are not permanent, as nothing is in life but the direction in which it goes has a lot to do with you. 

Whether that change requires you to ask for help or pray more, study more, start a side hustle or get a part time job. Take this as your sign to do it, go for it! Life may not be fair or easy and many things happen to us outside of our control but your reaction decides how your life will be altered and shaped. 

January blues come like clockwork for me but I am starting to realize that I have more power over my life than I was led to believe. 

Take it one week at a time. Don't overwhelm yourself but don't allow life to overwhelm you either. 'Embrace your power and face your future', I truly believe that 2024 will be beautiful for us all, even though it may not feel like that now. 

With just a little faith, trust and pixie dust! Some hard work too! 

Question of the week: What change are you having faith for in 2024? 
I'll go first! Financial independence! 

All my love♥️
Ruthy

No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day🇿🇦 + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...