Sunday, February 4, 2024

How giving up my dream enabled me to find another 🩷 part 1

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people!

Opening up this month of love, I would like to talk about giving up something that I loved and how it changed my life.

I know that February is the month of love and is stereotypical seen as the month of romantic love but to me (someone who is currently single) I view as a month of self-love, loving what I do and loving those around me. 

I am grateful to have developed a passion for what I do. I am studying a National Certificate Vocational in Marketing and after three years, with this being my third and final year. I will have a LEVEL 4 NCV Marketing certification! I am immensely grateful to have grown in knowledge and passion for my chosen course.

 The truth is that it was not always this way. From the age of 4, I knew that I wanted to work with animals, wildlife to be specific and in nature. My two favourite TV channels growing up were Animal Planet and the Disney Channel. With my favourite shows being, Bondi Vet, Winnie the Pooh and Mickey Mouse🐀🐹. Watching Bondi Vet, it inspired me to follow in Doctor Chris Brown's steps and become a veterinarian as well. 

At age 16, I gave up my dream of 12 years, the dream of being a veterinarian. It was one of the most painful things that I have ever done but I knew that it was the right thing to do. I was going through a lot during that time in my life and my head was everywhere other than in my books. I decided to switch out pure mathematics and sciences for mathematical literacy and economic and management sciences. It was not an easy decision but I knew that I was not putting in the work and dedication to achieve the needed results. I also did not have the proper support at that time, so changing to lighter subjects was necessary at that time for me. 

It was also the year that I started actually blogging and I realized that I have a passion and talent for writing. I realized that writing is what I want to do with my life and that I can still be of aid to the environment that I love so dearly. Giving up on my dream of being a veterinarian did not mean that I had to give up on my dream of helping wildlife and nature. 

Writing, cultivating awareness and educating others is also very important and a crucial factor to change. 

I came to realize that giving up something that I had loved and treasured for so long was not the end but a beautiful beginning, a blessing in disguise. It did not seem that way at first and once in a blue moon it hurts, just a little. It was all I ever wanted for 12 full years and as the years go by it hurts a little less, especially knowing that I would make the same decision again. Looking at my life today and how far God has brought me, I am grateful because I know that God has a plan for my life. I may not see the full picture but I trust the Author and Finisher of my faith.

So, I want you to know that it's okay to be single! It does not mean that there is anything wrong with you, dating is a big deal and it's important to wait for the right time and the right person and it's equally as important for you to become the right person. 

I also want you to know that life happens and it's okay to take a detour and for life not to be as you expected, try to look for the rainbow 🌈 after the rain because you did not go through all these difficulties for nothing.🩷
 Image Credit: Pinterest 

Part 2 will posted on the last Sunday of this month and I will touch on how I got into college, my experiences, struggles and more!

Question of the week:What have you had to give up and how has it changed your life? (You don't have to sugarcoat it!)

All my love♥️
Ruthy 

No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day🇿🇦 + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...