Sunday, April 7, 2024

Let's Talk: Welcoming Autumn + TWICE'S 13th mini album

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people! 

Is this going to be a yearly occasion because it can be! Where there's TWICE, there is a (most likely) an early year album!

TWICE'S 13th mini album, With You-th came out on the 23rd of February 2024 and this year I did not listen to it immediately but when I finally did, it hit the spot! When do these girls ever miss?!

In today's blog post I am going to unpack the mini album: which consists of my favorite songs and what I like most about the album!

One Spark
This song is one of my favourite songs from the album because I have The Feels for someone (see what I did there๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜‚❤️). My favourite line from the song is, " Everybody wants that endless flame , because at the end of the day, don't we want a lifelong partnership that makes us happy?
 
I Got You
I immediately fell in love with this song because it's about  being in a relationship with someone  who has got your back and you have got theirs. My favourite line from the song is, " no matter what, you've got me, I've got you and I wouldn't want it any other way". 
Overall I loved how their album has such a strong presence of friendship. It's not all about romantic love and it's amazing to see them genuinely love and appreciate one another, especially after being together for so long.

Rush
I liked this song immediately, because of the beat. 
My favourite line from the song is," I don't want to complicate it". I feel that part of the song so much! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜‚❤️

New New
It has such a catchy beat and an incredible message, I love it! 
My favourite line from the song is, "think I did me some growing, everyday I've been showing up". 

Bloom
This is such a vibey song that just makes me dance every time, I hear it. I would love a live performance for this song. I wish that we got more promotional content for TWICE'S mini- albums. My favourite line from the song is, "Twice the magic of the sun and moon", it sounds cool to me. 

You Get Me
This is the last song on the album and I truly grew to love it. "you got me, I've got you, we've got it for life". After hearing so much about 'seasonal relationships' and lessons, sometimes you just want something good to last and it makes me happy to listen to such music. It's refreshing, like the cool autumn breeze. 

I honestly loved this entire album and I feel like this strongly relates to the fact that I FANCY someone! I am going through a season of wanting to know, What is Love? All-in-all, I am lovesick and I am doing everything to avoid facing and admitting it but how I relate and like this album proves othewise. This is a great, energetic album and I rate it a solid 8, only because we need more promotional content, especially promoting their B-sides. TWICE has incredible B-sides and unless you are an avid fan, you may miss them. 

I am truly proud and grateful to be a ONCE, as I have been once for about four years now. I absolutely love their mini albums, although I was really hoping for a full album! Their full albums are so beautifully made that I keep on listening to their 2nd and 3rd full albums over and over again. I also kinda wish that Nayeon would release a second album, as I love her first and would love to hear more from her as a solo artist.

All my love 
Ruthy❤️

No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...