Sunday, April 21, 2024

My advice to eldest daughters and sons during this season 💰

Good morning/afternoon /evening, you beautiful people! 
I had a completely different post planned for this week but considering that many TVET college students on the NSFAS program have gotten their lump sum it felt right. There was and is so much going on and as I am learning and growing, I am sharing what I wish I knew earlier. What I now pray that I have the courage to do: choose myself. To know and understand that I am my first priority, truly. Before I am a sister, a daughter, a student. I am Ruthy. I am my own person. I belong to God and to myself, before I am anything else ; I need you to believe the same. 

I know and understand that there are responsibilities that fall on our shoulders. While it is more blessed to give than to receive, I truly wish for you to be a cheerful giver. 

I empathise with those of you who are been given pressure to pay for bills and sort things out that were never yours to carry. It is such a beautiful thing to be able to give back to those who were there for you and continue to be there for you. I want you to choose yourself, unashamedly. 

Homework of the week: save 10% of your bursary allowance, for yourself, for a rainy day.  I'll do the same, I have opened a Tyme Bank account, specifically for this!

I am still awaiting my allowance though👀...

All my love
Ruth❤️

No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day🇿🇦 + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...