Sunday, May 26, 2024

Let's Talk: Voting🇿🇦 +Mental Health Awareness Month 💚

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!

As I write to you all on this chilly Autumn evening, it feels more like winter each and every day. This next week is so crucial for my country of South Africa as on Wednesday, the 29th of May 2024, it will a day for my country to choose it's next leader. This is also significant for me, as this is the first year that I will be eligible to vote.

 It's exciting yet nerve-wracking because I don't fully believe in anyone's message as I don't feel that any political party truly cares, so it is like being put between a rock and a hard place. Contrary to popular belief, I believe that you as a citizen have the freedom to vote or to abstain. The choices is completely yours and I want you to own it and not feel pressured by society to make a decision in order to "better" the country yet not choosing someone that you believe in. 

For me, the month of May has been incredibly tumultuous and my mental health has not been the best. Each day I have to remind myself that I am still giving my best even when I am not on 100% because considering everything happening in my life on any particular day, that 40% that I gave was my best. I am learning to extend compassion to all versions of myself. I am also learning to stop comparing myself to any other versions of myself and focus on this one. I learning to take each day as it comes and to let that be enough for me. To fully present and give my concerns and bare my heart to Jesus in prayer. 
I want you to prioritise yourself and your mental health this decisive May and to keep on keeping on because life is so much better with you in it❣️💞

All my love ❤️
Ruthy 

No comments:

Let's Talk: Youth Day🇿🇦 + Father's Day: A dual celebration?

Good morning/afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!  It is a chilly winter evening as I write to you all on June 16th. Today is a dual ho...