Let's Talk: Winter Blues❄️ & Mr and Miss Supranational South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Good morning/
afternoon/ evening, you beautiful people!

The last three weeks have felt so long yet so short. I turned 22 in June, which I am so grateful for! I never take the blessing to age each year for granted! To all of you who have wished me, thank you for your love๐Ÿ’•! My annual, "what I learned in the past year", blog is divided into two parts and will be up on my blog on the upcoming Sundays. 

The winter break is already over and it's time to get back to work. Winter is harsh as we progress into the second half of the year. As South Africans, I feel that we are never, ever ready for winter! 

I am a huge pageant fan and this past week, the Mr and Miss Supranational competitions took place. With our very own, Doctor Fezile Mkhize, winning the top plum of the Mr Supranational title!๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ 
I have never been so nervous in my life, as each stage in the competition progressed, I was praying and seated at the edge of my chair. I am so incredibly proud of him and the good that I know he will do with the title. #brickbybrick 

Our very own Bryoni Govender has won the Miss Supranational Africa crown. I couldn't be more proud of both of them. Both are professionals, with Fezile being a qualified medical doctor and Bryoni being a lawyer. They are both shining examples of melanin excellence and that coming from humble beginnings do not limit you. 

To be honest I am still so sad as I really wanted Bryoni to win Miss Supranational. I believe that she has what it takes and is very deserving of the top plum. I am a firm believer of destiny and God having full control. I hope and pray that Bryoni comes home and continues with #herwayout. It is such a beautiful advocacy and with her new title as Miss Supranational Africa, she can work on this project throughout the country and continent as well. I am grateful that she will be free from the Miss SA organisation because they did not support her enough and had clear favouritism!

I hope to see both of them work together as South Africa's ambassadors๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ! I am so proud of both of them and I am looking forward to following both of their journeys moving forward. What a time to be South African! I am so proud ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ! 
#hulleweetniewatonsweetnie 

May God bless them abundantly! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™

Image source: https://www.instagram.com/drfezmkhize?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA

Question of the week : Do you like beauty pageants? 
I'll go first! Yes, I absolutely do! I have been watching pageants for as long as I can remember. What I love most about pageants is getting to know and be inspired by incredible women and men. We need good role models, like these two๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ❤️☝️! 


All my love
Ruthy ❤️

Comments

Popular Posts