Let's Talk: Women’s Month + the last academic stretch!

Good morning/afternoon/evening, you beautiful people!

I honestly have been struggling to write lately. I have been going through a bit of writer's block and I realized that the way to overcome it in my life is to write. To be honest about where I'm at, it's my personal blog afterall! I hope that these intimate moments help someone❣️

August is women's month in South Africa🇿🇦. A month dedicated to commemorating women and how far we've come. To me, women's month means celebrating the progress that we have made, the powerful beings that we are, whilst tackling the issues that still face women today.
 I pray that the month of August is kind to us all❤️. 

August is such a busy month for me, academic especially since this is my final year in college. I went from being excited about this fact to being nervous. Being in my final lap before crossing the finish line is a huge feat. One that I am so incredibly grateful for because I know just how difficult it was to get here and just how far God has brought me. I'm tired but I'm so happy to be here😊! 

One thing that I wish was different about my course is that we had more integrated, practical work experience. I know that many people in my cohort are unsure of what to do next year. How will our acquired skills in marketing equal an income? Do we start our own businesses, work in companies and where do we even begin after completing these 3 years at college?

Many see marketing as a means to an end and it breaks my heart witnessing and experiencing so much turmoil about the future. I know what I want to study at university next year and I know why. It's a degree very close to my heart and a career that makes such a difference in society. I hope that moving forward, we can come along side our NCV students and graduates to better equip them for their future and provide them with better support along the way. 
 
It's the last four months of the year and we are in the final academic stretch of the year. I pray that the Lord Jesus grants us strength to finish strong. To be able to study, focus and do well🙏! 

Let's give this final lap, everything that we've got, knowing that God holds our future. He will never fail nor forsake us♥️

Question of the week:  What is your opinion of the NCV programme? 

I'll go first! I believe that it is a life-changing program that catches so many of us that have fallen through the cracks. My biggest concern with the the program is the lack of support & accountability across the board, that then allows more people to fall once again. These citizens then become depend on social grants and find it difficult to bounce back. I believe that public colleges are a beautiful, life-saving initiative that needs some fine tuning but are an integral part to rebuilding our nation. 

All my love ❤️
Ruthy 

Comments

Popular Posts